Tuesday 14 February 2012

Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

Appetizer

I had some peppers to use up over the weekend so I went through my pantry in search for ingredients to make stuffed peppers. I'm currently enjoying the leftovers as I type this up...my experimentation was a success!

Ingredients:
Main Course
4 bell peppers, sliced in half length-wise and seeded (use sweet mini peppers if making appetizers)
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ cup cooked quinoa
1 – 28oz can crushed tomatoes (I used about ¾ can)
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup of your favourite salsa
¼ cup grated cheese (Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, etc)
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat oil in skillet. Add turkey, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook until turkey is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in tomatoes, cooked quinoa and salsa.  Stuff peppers with this mixture and bake for 20 minutes. Top with cheese (optional) and bake for 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment