Saturday 25 February 2012

Quinoa Salad

I was looking for a healthy side dish to go with my veggie burger tonight. I decided to use up the leftovers in my fridge and came up with this salad. The ingredients were already prepped so it took only a minute to throw together. It was so satisfying! Next time I plan to have this as my main course along with some grilled chicken.

Here's what I used:
1/2 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
1/2 cup cooked frozen peas, cooled
Assorted chopped veggies (mushrooms, celery, red onions, sweet peppers and tomatoes)
1 tbsp Renee's Gourmet Spring Herb Italian Dressing

Simply combine and enjoy!

Renee's Italian Dressing is one of my favourites. One tablespoon has just 20 calories and 2 grams of fat... and it tastes great! It is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and has no added sugar, artificial flavours or colours. It must be refrigerated so you won't find it in the salad dressing aisle. It is stored in the refrigerated section typically near the produce.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment